Exotic (ig-zot-ik) -noun
- a foreign or imported plant
- a plant that is not native and does not reproduce naturally
Who are we?
We are a group of individuals interested in exploring alternative species of Christmas trees and ornamentals. The purpose of this association is to promote the use of potentially exciting and beautiful conifers that will enhance our home and landscape not only during the Christmas season but throughout the entire year.
Many exotics can provide one or more of the following benefits:
- Exceptional needle retention, foliage, color, density and texture
- Desirable shape and form with little shearing
- Insect and disease resistance
- Frost and drought resistance
- Aesthetically pleasing, interesting, and culturally educational
- To encourage quality seed availability and seed orchard establishment
- Coordinate group purchases of seeds, plugs, seedlings, and transplants when available
- Sharing of information regarding exotic conifers through field days and online discussion groups
- Organizing an annual field day to observe, discuss, and share experiences about exotics